Sunday, March 27, 2011

A mattress fit for a queen or king {literally}

I was perusing the Home & Garden section in my local paper, honing in on the list of deals and steals for the coming week. Most of the deals weren't really that great, or were for things I just didn't need.  Then I read:  Hästens is discounting some of its all-natural handmade mattresses up to 30 percent, while supplies last (the 200T II King, originally $35,080, is $24,556; the Luxuria Queen, regularly $10,120, is $7,084).

A $35,000 bed!?!? I know, why am I surprised. You can go big with everything else -- gold/platinum plated grooming pieces, diamond encrusted drinking glasses, retractable floor covered pools -- why not your mattress where you go to rest and rejuvenate.

Hästens offers beds that are truly unique; each one taking 140+ hours to build and made entirely by hand using only the finest natural materials. Your bed is made to order and signed by a Hästens master craftsman. Hästens uses use only all-natural materials in their beds; such as the finest pure flax, wool and cotton, carefully selected pine and genuine, hypoallergenic horsehair.

While currently I do not have a $35k bed in my budget, they have me sold on their beds. I MUST at least try laying on it, if not actually having one one day. They say a good night's rest is the absolute precursor to almost everything -- health, performance, mood, happiness. So why not increase your chance at a truly restful slumber by only settling for the best for where you lay your head. I'm sold!

p.s. If you can't afford one you still have a chance at a luxurious sleep! Try out a Hästens bed at any of these fine hotels.

2 comments: