Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Smart TV



Cable/Satellite TV is sooooo 2000s. Even DVR is becoming a bit irrelevant.  Every show {and movie when I have time} that I watch is available on the network's website, and with limited commercial interruptions.  So tell me again why I am paying Verizon a billion dollars a month for Fios {oh yeah for football/sports that's why...smh}?!?  But seriously, if I could easily get the internet on my TV and watch it with limited connectivity issues, I would totally switch. I don't think we're truly there yet, but we're close.  

Google now offers Google TV {and Apple has been offering Apple TV for some time now, but to little fanfare}.  I love everything Google so I had to check it out.  It seems like all that you need is a Logitech Revue Companion Box or something similar, and an internet connection {and a TV of course} and you're good to go!

Amazon is also offering Amazon Video which allows you to "rent" movies and TV shows on demand.  You can access this using Google TV or even straight from your laptop.

While the price tag is a bit high -- $299 for the Logitech -- think of all the money you'll save not paying for cable every month and it will quickly pay for itself. 


I haven't tried it yet, but I'm itching to. I would LOVE to stop paying Verizon all that money for practically nothing every month.  My only worry is that accessing your TV over a wireless network may get a bit annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment